I wanted to share a quick, healthy recipe for chocolate cupcakes incase you were craving something sweet without the guilt.
What you’ll need:
– 1.5 cups of rice flour (you can use whatever kind of flour you desire)
– 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/3 cup of maple syrup (or any other low glycemic sweetener of your choice)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup water
– 4 tbs coconut oil
– 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
– 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (I used the Enjoy Life brand since they are dairy, soy, and nut free)
– some shredded coconut for topping if desired
1. Start by sifting the flour, baking soda, and cacao powder together.
2. Add in the maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil, water, and salt stirring well until smooth. If mixture is clumpy, feel free to add a little bit more water.
3. Mix in the chocolate chips and pour into cupcake pan. ( you can add whatever topping you desire at this time, I tried one with shredded coconut)
4. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes
Yields about 6 cupcakes each roughly around 220 calories
I hope you all like this recipe! ❤
Comments or suggestions are always welcome 🙂
“pain is weakness leaving the body”